Super Size Garage Doors for Housing your Ride
Article by Henry Baldwin
If you are one of those people who obsess over their rides, whether pimped or classy standard, then you are also one of those people who would go overboard to protect that piece of pride. Building up a garage is the most common and basic way of shielding your ride against natural or intentional harms that may befall it.
You have to put up a garage that can house your car and stock its spare parts and maintenance materials. First, it has to fit perfectly and go in and out smoothly. In order for you to do that, you need to find the suitable door. But choosing one would depend upon the country where you are, the size of the vehicle, and the style of your house. However, here are standard pointers that you need to remember when choosing the door for your garage:
1. The standard garage doors are cheaper and easier to repair if there is a mishap in the future. These doors are usually 7 feet tall and the width depends if it is for single or double car. These doors come readymade and therefore would have standard spare parts for repair or maintaining in the future.
2. There are several shops that offer customized or made to order doors. These doors would vary upon the measure of your garage and the vehicle that it would house. It costs more than standard garage doors because of the customized factor.
3. Door measurements are usually taken width first before the height. Suppliers often offer to do an estimate for you so you can call up someone if you are unsure of the size. Remember to include extra space so that getting the vehicle inside and outside would not be a hassle. Take note if you would want a double door size for future purchases or just for extra space.
4. It is not that bad to build an oversized garage and purchase a larger door because you are not sure that you will only have one car. It will serve as an investment, an extra place to stash your things if you will not utilize it for multiple vehicles.
5. Standard doors could smoothly let a regular sized four wheel drive easily. But if you have a pick-up truck, the seven feet height of the door will not be able to accommodate it. You need to pick a higher door so that huge cars can have a smooth exit even with headlights or other accessories like antenna. You should also be able to have access on the roof of the vehicle even if it is inside.
Aside from garage door sizes, there are plenty other considerations and variations when purchasing the door of your garage. Remember to stick to your budget if you have one but do not be afraid to get flexible and consider the future when buying one. Do not settle for what is here now; remember that expansion or house repair is possible. Choose the door that best suits the style you want and see that it would fit your asset as well.
To learn more about garage door sizes, please visit http://www.garagedoorsuperstore.co.uk.
About the Author
Henry Baldwin is a garage door expert and a contributing author for Garage Door Superstore. He specializes in educating purchasers about the following types of garage doors: Up & Over, Roller Doors, Sectional Doors, Side Hinged, and Personnel Door. He is also an expert in the following brands: Cardale, Cedar Door, Garador, Hormann. Seceuroglide, Novoferm, Teckentrup, and Wessex. Garage door openers by Hormann and Seip are his specialty as well!