Garage Door Safety and Maintenance Checklist
Article by Clickerdepot
Garage door remote: In general, Buying a garage door is no small joke, it entails investment. So, it is important to keep it in good condition at all times regardless of whether it has been used for quite some time or has just been purchased or installed. The Garage doors are often times taken for granted in homes and are only given attention once they stop functioning. It is recommended that necessary steps be taken as far as investment and maintenance are concerned before your door goes beyond repair. The important safety and maintenance checklist includes,
* At least once a year you should examine the garage doors on your property. To insure for proper operation and the longevity of your home investment, we highly recommend that you pay attention to your garage during daily use. Keep track of the average amount of cycles your garage goes through for a week, and you’ll get a good idea as to how much wear and tear this piece of equipment endures.
* At first, you can disengage your opener unit by means of the emergency release and manually open and close the door. During this time, the garage should operate smoothly without groaning, creaking or making loud noises. To give you an idea as to how easily a garage door should open: a teenager should be capable of opening it with one hand. If you are an average sized adult and are struggling to push open your garage door with all your strength, in all honesty, it is not working properly.
* If you can open your garage door with one hand, make sure that it is not flying up or slamming down. A door that flies open or slams shut means that it is not working properly. Not only does it damage the frame that surrounds it, it also creates a hazardous area for the people that live on the property.
* In common, Check the cable or chain watch if there are any cracks. Then Check the track to see if it is broken, bent, or dented. As you look at this, go over the roller, hinges, mounting brackets, and springs.
* To perform preventative maintenance on your door you will need a good lubricant that is primarily used for garage doors. When you are finished, open and manually close the door a few times to work the lubricant into the parts. At this point you should notice that the garage door’s movements has improved.
* To locate this spring, it is the spring that’s above the top of the door when closed rather than down each side of the track. Put a little on the torsion spring itself so it will slide over itself easier.
Thus, Some last much longer while others last for a shorter period of time. If there is high usage and poor maintenance, we can’t expect that our investment will last long. The Appropriate care will help to elongate the lifespan of your garage door and automatic opener system.
For more details about http://www.clickerdepot.com/
About the Author
Clicker Depot offers garage door openers and remotes, keypads and garage door receivers from brands like Genie, Linear, Liftmaster, Multicode and more at the lowest prices possible.